It has become a common practice for tourists to go for serviced apartments due to a series of reasons. A standard hotel room is usually more expensive. However, a service apartment might be cheaper but it also lacks luxury commodities such as a swimming pool, gym and other facilities that are present in most hotels.
Before venturing and signing booking an apartment, several things need to be taken into consideration such as:
– Get to know what you are getting into. Some serviced apartments may or may not include breakfast. Also, in some cases, the bathroom can be shared with the host or other tourists. In some cases, the host might want to meet its guests. However, before meeting the host, check for some recent photos of the serviced apartments or try to get some references. Keep in mind that some of them might not have an air conditioning system. If you plan to rent an apartment in the summer, the heat might become a problem.Look at more info Notting Hill Serviced Apartments.
– Children, pets and smoking policy. Some hosts might not allow its guests to smoke inside the apartment. Also if you travel with pets and children, make sure that the host can provide all the necessary conditions. If you are a smoker, check if they have a special area dedicated for such purposes.
– Cancellations and money-back policies. Make sure you can get out of a deal without losing money. Most reliable hosts will return the money to its guests if they decide to cancel their stay in the serviced apartments.
– Maid services. Short term rentals might not include maid services. You will have to make your own bed and reuse the towels for the entire period. It might seem lucrative to pay for maid services to avoid such unpleasant situations.
– You might end up juggling apartments. In about 25% of the cases clients get a different room number than the one initially agreed when it was booked.
– Save Money on food. If you want to save even more money, try staying in the apartment as much as possible. Eating breakfast or lunch in a restaurant can be expensive and unnecessary in some cases. If you have supermarkets close by you might as well shop and eat in your serviced apartment.
– Check your neighbors. Odds are you might have some permanent neighbors that have rented an apartment near yours for a longer period of time. It is better to tell the agency if you seek a peaceful stay for the period you will be renting the apartment. Some neighbors might prove to be noisy and it is better to let the host know in advance what kind of privacy you require.